Skip to main content

Racism is real, Reservation is not!

As Indians, we have known racism for a very long time. For that matter, the world has also known it for a long time. 
But only in the last few decades, we have started to realize that 
Racism matters and it really affects.
If you really see, WWII seeds were sown on the ground of Racism. Indian independence struggle started to combat racism. We all know about Nelson Mandela’s struggles.
If you talk about recognizing racism as a problem, the UK put forth laws to prohibit discrimination around the year 1960.
The US illegalized racial discrimination only in the year 1964.
And still, in 2007, Shilpa Shetty wins Big Brother. And you know major credit again goes to Racism.

Countries built laws around Racism. But that wasn’t enough. The new generation, over-burdened by wrongdoings of their ancestors, decided to sail them across Vaitarini by correcting what has been done in the past.
How? By Reservation!
Let’s not judge India for that. There are many such countries.
I have my opinions on the topic which I choose not to express here because that’s not the purpose of this blog.

Let’s move away from the Human race (for a moment) to get another perspective of ‘Being Racist’. 
I have a beautiful Doberman Bitch “Coffee” with cropped Ears and docked Tail (go ahead and judge me for that). 
But her attitude is exactly opposite to a Doberman. As you read this very statement, you witnessed Racism. 
She works with Kids, a gentle fun-loving talkative soul, but the first reaction when anyone sees her - Would she bite? Isn’t that a Doberman? Is it aggressive?
And I scream inside, Why would she bite dude? She has better things in her life!
That’s racism. And, It hurts! 
Though it doesn’t matter to her, that’s why she doesn’t have the bitterness or need to scream. 

But it affects Humans deeply.
Just imagine a Human instead of Coffee and someone saying or expressing the thought, Would he steal, because he is so and so?!?
You can replace steal with any other verb though.

Even if Coffee has a place reserved with Animal Angels, racism doesn’t end.
Such is the irony of the Human race! 
We have this idea of Humanity with subjective definitions as per our convenience. We want to do good or be kind at our convenience.

Whatever Reservations we come up with, does that really eliminate Racism? Isn’t the whole purpose of the reservation to have a Racism-free philosophy? Or it is to not feel guilty about being Racist because that’s being compensated with Reservation!

Decide for yourself whether you want a Racism-free YOU or you still support guilt-free Racism.

It doesn’t have to change overnight. You only have to be aware and acknowledge the thoughts which are Racist and convince yourself why that very thought doesn’t fit in the arrangements of the 21st century.

(Note: Equality for Opportunity is a totally different  problem)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For The Sake of Civility

As I drive across the road, I see a dead body lying in the middle of the road; people driving around it to avoid driving over it. Its internal organs have come out of the anus or stomach, not sure. I just see something coming out of the body, like the intestine. I feel really bad and drive away. I see a boy on the bike, who also saw that body lying there and couldn't make up his mind whether he shall go back or move on like me or many others. After all, it was just a puppy, drenched in pouring rain, probably starved for a few days, weak. He stood there thinking, till I could see him, and then I drove ahead thinking the same if I should have stopped, moved that body aside and called municipal for picking it up.  I felt like vomiting, not sure due to the condition of that dead body or my inability to do something. It might have been a genuine accident case, but doesn't that puppy expect some basic respect? Can we term it as Hit-and-Run case or I'm just overreacting?

Dogs and Wanderers

As they say,  Life changes when you have a Kid and I say, it changes dramatically when you have a Pet. I have 2 beautiful bitches which most of you already know. I’m one of those first-time Pet Parents who want to do little more for their pets than daily walks of Potty and Pee. Nothing wrong with those walks, only that I wish to experience the feeling of having a pet in a different way. I want them to explore, go on long drives, see beaches, get dirty, and spread love.  Daag achchhe hote hain 😋 The hidden truth is my bitches love going out, even if it is for the whole day 🙄. And that’s the vision for  Dogs and Wanderers .  The group plans free local outings over the weekend at different Tekdis of Pune and once-a-month pocket-friendly overnight camping.   Yippie !!! And Dogs and Wanderers   is featured in Times of India today!   We have a lot of Pet Parents interested to join , which justifies the vision of this group. This group was formed to make it pos

For the love of Coffee

4 months since my last blog, I so missed it. But was too overwhelmed to write anything. Do you ask why?  Flashback flashback flashback !!! I'm raised in a family where I have interacted only with humans. That doesn't mean we looked down on other species. Just that we did not love them enough to make them member of house. Only animal that I had probably touched and adored would be Cat. They seem easy to be overpowered, thus harmless. Yeah I have got some good survival instincts! Then I grew up, keeping safe distance from non-Human species on earth. Even safer distance from Dogs after my brother got bitten by a crazy dog. You know, biting is still manageable, but injections... I will rather take longer route. And the day came, when it happened. I still don't believe how, so let's pass on the blame to Destiny. I  brought home a pet Dog. Yes, i t does all crazy stuff. 1 month female Doberman. She (for me it's she, not it) was on my lap, lic