Skip to main content

Say goodbyes to move forward

Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living? —Bob Marley
I said, No and decided to move to another Company (mid of #coronacrisis) and conclude the journey of almost 6 Years with this 6 years old company #thinkbridgeindia. I am among the first 10 employees here. Six years is a long time to stick around a company. And if there ain't any takeaway, then the time spent is not worth it.

#thinkbridgeindia came in at the time of my career when I wanted to push myself to leadership roles. This was also the time, being at a start-up was a feel-good factor.  


I learned multiple Frameworks, Application Revamp, Database re-architecture, building Configurable multi-tenant applications, heavy data processing to extract the necessary information for the end-user. Enhanced the system with various levels of activity monitoring for better troubleshooting of Production issues and proactive actions. Integrated multiple 3rd party systems into our applications.

Apart from technology and having my hands on with Development, Database, Deployment, Production Support, I also had a chance to lead. Fortunately or I'm just too good to resist, that I have always had the chance to work with nice, friendly and fun people.

We ate, we laughed, we spent long hours working when needed. We went trekking, went for fun rides, made fun of each other, and built a bond (without a single drop of alcohol which few say is a pre-requisite to have fun).
 


Then, I thought I'm bored and I should try another project. I like the idea of not being permanent at any place, whether it is in the life of someone, or someone in my life. I don't like it when I get stuck anywhere due to dependencies. That's why I always try to transfer my knowledge to teams so that they can take over any time. That's still work in progress but I definitely try not to keep stuff to myself. 

Like at Home, what do you prefer? A Husband who can decide what he wears or the one who asks you to pick a shirt for you!

Interestingly, I moved to a super-critical, pressure cooker project. (No offense SG). We were a small company, so there were not too many options of course. But, it gave me a lot of experience. It helped me grow stronger emotionally, professionally. I realized one can only try and put up the best show; even though one can't control the result. One must realize not everyone can take a stand for others. And sometimes it is better not to take a stand for yourself just to see how things play out. 
Human behavior (including yours) is the best thing to observe. 

I met people who would add bad reviews so that no one joins the company and it shuts down. Really !??!! At times, one expects companies to behave like close relatives, which is so unrealistic. Unless there are hidden factors. (Ssshhhh...)
I have a blog pending for so long on "Unbiasedness" for the same reason, this is one of the fascinating and rare characteristics. 

While I was having all this fun at work, launching our own "Mangalyaan" - the thinkbridge Rocket, not liking quite a few things and getting pressure cooked, I realized that somewhere I and thinkbridge grew apart.
 

I was there, still not there.
It seemed to be in the best interest of us to embark on the adventures separately.
And I truly believe Kabira when he said - 
Kahin par pahunchne ke liye kahin se nikalna bahut zaroori hota hai. Sahi waqt pe cut lena chahiye warna gile-shikwe hone lagte gain !!!


We are all together carving our own path, playing our own part, experiencing every moment, learning-unlearning, feeling, trusting-distrusting, and taking oneself to the next level of our own Journey.

Things go wrong for multiple reasons. You only have to find one reason to get up and move forward.

Thank you #thinkbridgeindia and everyone I met here! It was a pleasure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For The Sake of Civility

As I drive across the road, I see a dead body lying in the middle of the road; people driving around it to avoid driving over it. Its internal organs have come out of the anus or stomach, not sure. I just see something coming out of the body, like the intestine. I feel really bad and drive away. I see a boy on the bike, who also saw that body lying there and couldn't make up his mind whether he shall go back or move on like me or many others. After all, it was just a puppy, drenched in pouring rain, probably starved for a few days, weak. He stood there thinking, till I could see him, and then I drove ahead thinking the same if I should have stopped, moved that body aside and called municipal for picking it up.  I felt like vomiting, not sure due to the condition of that dead body or my inability to do something. It might have been a genuine accident case, but doesn't that puppy expect some basic respect? Can we term it as Hit-and-Run case or I'm just overreacting?

Dogs and Wanderers

As they say,  Life changes when you have a Kid and I say, it changes dramatically when you have a Pet. I have 2 beautiful bitches which most of you already know. I’m one of those first-time Pet Parents who want to do little more for their pets than daily walks of Potty and Pee. Nothing wrong with those walks, only that I wish to experience the feeling of having a pet in a different way. I want them to explore, go on long drives, see beaches, get dirty, and spread love.  Daag achchhe hote hain 😋 The hidden truth is my bitches love going out, even if it is for the whole day 🙄. And that’s the vision for  Dogs and Wanderers .  The group plans free local outings over the weekend at different Tekdis of Pune and once-a-month pocket-friendly overnight camping.   Yippie !!! And Dogs and Wanderers   is featured in Times of India today!   We have a lot of Pet Parents interested to join , which justifies the vision of this group. This group was formed to make it pos

For the love of Coffee

4 months since my last blog, I so missed it. But was too overwhelmed to write anything. Do you ask why?  Flashback flashback flashback !!! I'm raised in a family where I have interacted only with humans. That doesn't mean we looked down on other species. Just that we did not love them enough to make them member of house. Only animal that I had probably touched and adored would be Cat. They seem easy to be overpowered, thus harmless. Yeah I have got some good survival instincts! Then I grew up, keeping safe distance from non-Human species on earth. Even safer distance from Dogs after my brother got bitten by a crazy dog. You know, biting is still manageable, but injections... I will rather take longer route. And the day came, when it happened. I still don't believe how, so let's pass on the blame to Destiny. I  brought home a pet Dog. Yes, i t does all crazy stuff. 1 month female Doberman. She (for me it's she, not it) was on my lap, lic