Skip to main content

Interstellar in Hindu Mythology

Though I was not planning to watch recently released ‘Interstellar’ (not for any specific reason though), but accidentally I could not get any other movie ticket for my available time and on last minute had to book this one. No regrets!!!
An awesome, thought provoking movie! I was thinking how I could not have watched it.
This movie really got me excited while relating Movie scenes with Hindu Mythology instances. I might act as a bit of Movie Spoiler but I’m not giving any story here. So you can read it and then watch movie. That would make your experience even interesting.

While ‘Interstellar’ explores 5-dimesions which are understood and manipulated by future Humans, could these 5-dimesions be related to 5 heads of Brahma in anyway?

As we know, Brahma is the Creator. And as a Creator, one needs to have control on at least Time and Space. Yeah, one head was cut off, which dimension is gone? Philosophically, one of the dimensions is related to Physical consciousness of self being which is Ego or may be Space in Physics. Brahma, as a Creator should be selfless, without Ego for own creations, so that he can travel anywhere, anytime without actually being in the Space. Also there is story of many Brahma’s, and each creating or running their own Universe, hence multiple Solar Systems or Brahmanda.

Does that mean, there are much advanced Humans who are running Universe? Don’t even think of Aliens please, I’m talking pure Human. :)

Another scene in the movie is where Cooper and Team land on a Planet which is only Ocean, no land. Sea waves are mountain-high. Does it sound like Ksheer Sagar, where Bhagwaan Vishnu reclines over Shesha Naag with Maata Lakshmi? 
Ahh, I love it!
This is the planet where ‘Interstellar’ explains the Theory of Relativity in Time, wherein 1 hour on that Planet is equivalent to 7 Years on Earth.

Now imagine this. In Shrimad Bhagawad Purana, there is story of King Muchukunda of Ikshvaku dynasty. Muchukunda was such an almighty king, that Devas came running to him for his help during war with Asuaras. For this epic Battle, Muchukunda had to leave Earth and go to heaven. After few years when Battle was over, Muchukunda wanted to return to his Family on Earth. But, as Indra said, 1 year in heaven was 360 years on Earth. By the time Battle was over, 2 Yugas viz. Sat-Yuga & Treta-Yuga were gone and it was almost end of Dwapar-Yuga.
Do you sense any similarity?
There can’t be so much co-incidental similarities in work of Fiction, unless there is real something. Are we demystifying the same old facts again and again like a circular motion?

In Hanumaan Chalisa, distance to Sun is described as ‘Yuga Sahastra Yojan par Bhanu’, when calculated gives a very close figure to scientifically calculated distance. So we already knew? And then forgot and again figured it out?


Seems like life, we keep experimenting, hardly learn from others experience and then figure things out on our own at the end. 
Oh, so many thoughts in motion, I seriously got hangover.

Comments

  1. Excellent piece of thought... Its soo true... Everything is already present in our shastras or vedas or Quran and has mentioned every fact about our living.... We keep learning old things in new fashion!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For The Sake of Civility

As I drive across the road, I see a dead body lying in the middle of the road; people driving around it to avoid driving over it. Its internal organs have come out of the anus or stomach, not sure. I just see something coming out of the body, like the intestine. I feel really bad and drive away. I see a boy on the bike, who also saw that body lying there and couldn't make up his mind whether he shall go back or move on like me or many others. After all, it was just a puppy, drenched in pouring rain, probably starved for a few days, weak. He stood there thinking, till I could see him, and then I drove ahead thinking the same if I should have stopped, moved that body aside and called municipal for picking it up.  I felt like vomiting, not sure due to the condition of that dead body or my inability to do something. It might have been a genuine accident case, but doesn't that puppy expect some basic respect? Can we term it as Hit-and-Run case or I'm just overreacting?

Dogs and Wanderers

As they say,  Life changes when you have a Kid and I say, it changes dramatically when you have a Pet. I have 2 beautiful bitches which most of you already know. I’m one of those first-time Pet Parents who want to do little more for their pets than daily walks of Potty and Pee. Nothing wrong with those walks, only that I wish to experience the feeling of having a pet in a different way. I want them to explore, go on long drives, see beaches, get dirty, and spread love.  Daag achchhe hote hain 😋 The hidden truth is my bitches love going out, even if it is for the whole day 🙄. And that’s the vision for  Dogs and Wanderers .  The group plans free local outings over the weekend at different Tekdis of Pune and once-a-month pocket-friendly overnight camping.   Yippie !!! And Dogs and Wanderers   is featured in Times of India today!   We have a lot of Pet Parents interested to join , which justifies the vision of this group. This group was formed to make it pos

For the love of Coffee

4 months since my last blog, I so missed it. But was too overwhelmed to write anything. Do you ask why?  Flashback flashback flashback !!! I'm raised in a family where I have interacted only with humans. That doesn't mean we looked down on other species. Just that we did not love them enough to make them member of house. Only animal that I had probably touched and adored would be Cat. They seem easy to be overpowered, thus harmless. Yeah I have got some good survival instincts! Then I grew up, keeping safe distance from non-Human species on earth. Even safer distance from Dogs after my brother got bitten by a crazy dog. You know, biting is still manageable, but injections... I will rather take longer route. And the day came, when it happened. I still don't believe how, so let's pass on the blame to Destiny. I  brought home a pet Dog. Yes, i t does all crazy stuff. 1 month female Doberman. She (for me it's she, not it) was on my lap, lic