Skip to main content

Loyalty Redefined - Kahaani II

We were on a conference call to decide what to do next. I told her to pick an offer and join that company. She said, current one is going to match it up; here I'm recognized/appreciated for my work, people know me in the company. And then he said, do what you like. 

I knew what lies next. 
Yes, context is important so bear with me.

Next year the Job search started and this time it was clear that she will leave current company, no matter what.
After 3 months of notice period and salary negotiation drama, it was finally the day to say bye. 

A Day HIGH ON EMOTIONS

People are too emotionally involved with first 2-3 companies of their Career to reject any good offer just to be in the company for the people.

Moving on...
That company has policy of FNF settlement after 3 months of exit.
3 months gone and she mails her HR asking about the FNF, response is it can't be processed due to some issues, speak to CTO.
She got in touch with CTO and he asks her to personally visit him.
CTO tells her that she has revealed certain CONFIDENTIAL information to their client. Company is SHUTTING down due to this.
That's why her FNF is held up. She denied accusations but he was not ready to listen. He didn't want to argue.
Now what's the solution?
CTO asks for written apology because Mistakes happen.
And did I hear company is Shutting Down?
Oh so apology letter will solve all the issues? I wish businesses could work that way.
Alright, she denied apologizing for something which she never did.
Now email-game started where CTO mentioned all points for which she must apologize. She said if dues are not cleared then she will have to take legal action.

I will put an extract of astonishingly funny response from a CTO.
"Or else we will have to write all these in your experience letter, then you won't be able to use that letter anywhere in future, do you need that letter - which is absolutely correct and we have all rights to add remark (whether positive or negative) in it ... "
Is that called THREAT?

Now a legal notice was sent on a regional party's letter head, emails stopped.
No response.
CTO receives call from Union Office. He tells them there is no matter at all, she only has to submit an apology. Person on the other side says she won't since she has not done anything. They agree that it is not a problem and her FNF will be processed without any issue. In next 10 minutes, she receives an email to collect her dues.

The point I'm trying to understand, this whole scene was to satisfy self ego just because he told everyone that he is going to make her cry before she gets her letter?
Or if he really believed that she did some damage to the company?
Even in that case, why not give a fair chance to put across / explain another side of story. Isn't that the responsibility you carry on your shoulder with higher role in a company? How suddenly an Employee of the Year or Star Employee becomes traitor?

Did you read Loyalty Redefined - Kahaani I?

Most of the Employee exploitation happens due to lack of guidance. Absence of Unionization in white collar jobs makes it even more difficult for an Employee to stand for self. Though I don't support Unionization as is, but it gives a platform to Employee to fight for their rights.

If such is your story or someone you know, do share. If you need any guidance on related topics, don't hesitate to contact me.

It's you, who have to be courageous and fight for self. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For The Sake of Civility

As I drive across the road, I see a dead body lying in the middle of the road; people driving around it to avoid driving over it. Its internal organs have come out of the anus or stomach, not sure. I just see something coming out of the body, like the intestine. I feel really bad and drive away. I see a boy on the bike, who also saw that body lying there and couldn't make up his mind whether he shall go back or move on like me or many others. After all, it was just a puppy, drenched in pouring rain, probably starved for a few days, weak. He stood there thinking, till I could see him, and then I drove ahead thinking the same if I should have stopped, moved that body aside and called municipal for picking it up.  I felt like vomiting, not sure due to the condition of that dead body or my inability to do something. It might have been a genuine accident case, but doesn't that puppy expect some basic respect? Can we term it as Hit-and-Run case or I'm just overreacting?

Dogs and Wanderers

As they say,  Life changes when you have a Kid and I say, it changes dramatically when you have a Pet. I have 2 beautiful bitches which most of you already know. I’m one of those first-time Pet Parents who want to do little more for their pets than daily walks of Potty and Pee. Nothing wrong with those walks, only that I wish to experience the feeling of having a pet in a different way. I want them to explore, go on long drives, see beaches, get dirty, and spread love.  Daag achchhe hote hain 😋 The hidden truth is my bitches love going out, even if it is for the whole day 🙄. And that’s the vision for  Dogs and Wanderers .  The group plans free local outings over the weekend at different Tekdis of Pune and once-a-month pocket-friendly overnight camping.   Yippie !!! And Dogs and Wanderers   is featured in Times of India today!   We have a lot of Pet Parents interested to join , which justifies the vision of this group. This group was formed to make it pos

For the love of Coffee

4 months since my last blog, I so missed it. But was too overwhelmed to write anything. Do you ask why?  Flashback flashback flashback !!! I'm raised in a family where I have interacted only with humans. That doesn't mean we looked down on other species. Just that we did not love them enough to make them member of house. Only animal that I had probably touched and adored would be Cat. They seem easy to be overpowered, thus harmless. Yeah I have got some good survival instincts! Then I grew up, keeping safe distance from non-Human species on earth. Even safer distance from Dogs after my brother got bitten by a crazy dog. You know, biting is still manageable, but injections... I will rather take longer route. And the day came, when it happened. I still don't believe how, so let's pass on the blame to Destiny. I  brought home a pet Dog. Yes, i t does all crazy stuff. 1 month female Doberman. She (for me it's she, not it) was on my lap, lic