Skip to main content

Looking Back... A journey forward

10 years back, on this very same day, I joined my first company as an IT professional. And today when I see myself, I still feel there is so much to explore and I'm definitely going to have a lot on my blog after another decade.

Emotional ðŸ˜‡ !!! 
Well, I get emotional every year on this day but a decade is special.
Talking about the Journey so far, it is nostalgic remembering all those years.

When I started in IT, I was still confused why people are doing this job. How does writing those gibberish words do anything to make money? How does that work? Why are companies paying for that?

We were a team of freshers, no Senior to guide. We would go to seniors in other Teams. That ingrained an attitude of not being ashamed of asking anyone, however stupid that sound; respect time because that Senior is not readily available, so one has to be ready with all questions before hand, and most importantly not annoy them by doing no research of your own, you need them to help you next time, ain't you?

Then I got another offer, which I rejected because I just couldn't make my mind to leave this company and Team.
The best thing happened that around the same time recession 2008 paid a visit and I was laid off. 
And realization - 
Do not get attached to a Company or Colleagues.
Moved on to next 2 companies, learned, made friends and landed at a company where I spent next half a decade of shaping up my career. 
I got a chance to work with a Senior Architect. Due to not-readily-available-seniors in early career, I had this desire to work with a highly technical Person who can introduce me to another world of being a Techie. 
And he went on Paternity leave before I could start work with him. A desire still unfulfilled... It every time gives my Brother a chance to fill that position, which I'm sure he enjoys and I don't ðŸ™„.
That was the time my role was transitioning to a Lead and I was so not sure how to do that. After all, I used to only code.
In my brief interaction with Senior Architect, he told me Arrogance is fine if it comes when you are knowledgeable. Is that what I wanted to hear that time to justify myself?
I was discussing this with my Brother and he said, then why is the phrase - 
"Vidya dadati Vinayam"
विद्यां ददाति विनयं विनयाद् याति पात्रताम् ।
पात्रत्वात् धनमाप्नोति धनात् धर्मं ततः सुखम् ॥
विद्या विनय देती है; विनय से पात्रता, पात्रता से धन, धन से धर्म, और धर्म से सुख प्राप्त होता है ।

That's contradicting!
We devised our own conclusion that Arrogance can't be for knowledge. It is to satisfy Ego. 
And I started working on my Ego issues. Way to go, but hey I'm trying people !!!

That's when I had few interactions with my Boss - Owner of the company, one of the Richie Rich of Mumbai and still so Humble. I can never in my life stop admiring him. How a person of his stature, can accompany one of his Employee for Lunch! He is softer than soft-spoken.
A state which I aspire to attain.

And then was the time to move on.
A place which nourished my qualities and made myself to expect more from me and be an unsatisfied Soul forever.
No Moksha for me ðŸ˜¤
Somehow I have been lucky that I had the chance to lead great Teams, Clients and work on sort-of Money making projects. Though I'm not a believer of Luck at all, by a sheer chance I always had great Teams.

Thank you Guys, you have tolerated me, supported me in my journey and helped me 'Be, what I am Today'. I remember each one of you and I hope I have given a reason (whether good or bad) to you all to remember my Name at least.

I kept this for Last because they are the reason I'm here. They did everything that they were capable of. Taught me to separate Professional life from Personal. Whatever I go through personally, they have worked very hard to make me professionally capable; there is & would be no reason good enough to spoil/pause/stop a Career which is built on their struggle. This is the least I can do to respect my Parent's Effort.

Nothing starts or completes without my useless Siblings, they were all ears for all my blabbers; as if they have an Option.

On the way to next Decade and few more till I'm ALIVE... 😎

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For The Sake of Civility

As I drive across the road, I see a dead body lying in the middle of the road; people driving around it to avoid driving over it. Its internal organs have come out of the anus or stomach, not sure. I just see something coming out of the body, like the intestine. I feel really bad and drive away. I see a boy on the bike, who also saw that body lying there and couldn't make up his mind whether he shall go back or move on like me or many others. After all, it was just a puppy, drenched in pouring rain, probably starved for a few days, weak. He stood there thinking, till I could see him, and then I drove ahead thinking the same if I should have stopped, moved that body aside and called municipal for picking it up.  I felt like vomiting, not sure due to the condition of that dead body or my inability to do something. It might have been a genuine accident case, but doesn't that puppy expect some basic respect? Can we term it as Hit-and-Run case or I'm just overreacting?

Dogs and Wanderers

As they say,  Life changes when you have a Kid and I say, it changes dramatically when you have a Pet. I have 2 beautiful bitches which most of you already know. I’m one of those first-time Pet Parents who want to do little more for their pets than daily walks of Potty and Pee. Nothing wrong with those walks, only that I wish to experience the feeling of having a pet in a different way. I want them to explore, go on long drives, see beaches, get dirty, and spread love.  Daag achchhe hote hain 😋 The hidden truth is my bitches love going out, even if it is for the whole day 🙄. And that’s the vision for  Dogs and Wanderers .  The group plans free local outings over the weekend at different Tekdis of Pune and once-a-month pocket-friendly overnight camping.   Yippie !!! And Dogs and Wanderers   is featured in Times of India today!   We have a lot of Pet Parents interested to join , which justifies the vision of this group. This group was formed to make it pos

For the love of Coffee

4 months since my last blog, I so missed it. But was too overwhelmed to write anything. Do you ask why?  Flashback flashback flashback !!! I'm raised in a family where I have interacted only with humans. That doesn't mean we looked down on other species. Just that we did not love them enough to make them member of house. Only animal that I had probably touched and adored would be Cat. They seem easy to be overpowered, thus harmless. Yeah I have got some good survival instincts! Then I grew up, keeping safe distance from non-Human species on earth. Even safer distance from Dogs after my brother got bitten by a crazy dog. You know, biting is still manageable, but injections... I will rather take longer route. And the day came, when it happened. I still don't believe how, so let's pass on the blame to Destiny. I  brought home a pet Dog. Yes, i t does all crazy stuff. 1 month female Doberman. She (for me it's she, not it) was on my lap, lic